What is a CMP14 Test?
CMP14 also known as the Comprehensive Metabolic Panel is a group of 14 tests that provides an overview of the functioning status of your vital organs.
- Albumin: An important substance that is significant for your kidney and your liver health
- Albumin/Globulin Ratio: Helps detect different liver problems when combined with other lab tests.
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP): assists in detecting bone disorders and disease of the liver.
- Aspartate Amino Transferase (AST): Identified liver enzymes
- Alanine Amino Transferase (ALT): Detects liver damage.
- Bilirubin, Total: Assists to detect certain health conditions like anemia, hepatits, sickle cell and alcohol and drug abuse.
- BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen): Held to estimate the function of the kidneys.
- BUN/Creatinine Ratio: This can be used to to indicate kidney disease, intestinal bleeding or dehydration.
- Calcium: Average levels are necessary for bones, teeth, kidneys, and your nerves.
- Creatinine: Held to estimate the function of the kidneys
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR): Done to monitor and detect early kidney damage.
- Glucose: Glucose is sugar that is your body’s main source of energy. If it is abnormal it could indicate diabetes.
- Globulin: An important substance that assists the the body to fight of infections properly.
- Protein, Total: assists in calculating kidney and liver function as well as your nutrition.
- Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Carbon Dioxide, Total: Abnormal electrolyte balance could show a array of conditions including Addison’s disease, dehydration, diabetes, and kidney disease.
Who should have a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel performed?
CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Panel) is a very common lab test ordered by health professional in annual checkups to measure an array of tests. You may want to get tested to diagnose certain conditions or to make sure your current medications aren’t having a negative effect on your body.
How can I get a CMP test?
You can order a CMP test at https://shop.personalabs.com/product/comprehensive-metabolic-panel-cmp-14/
Through the Personalabs website without a doctor. First, we suggest you check for a testing location near you can you can use the links below to find out where you can get a CMP test locally. Start by clicking on your state below. Personalabs has over 2,300 lab locations where you can go to get tested. However, we can’t provide testing in New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island. If you live in one of these states but still want to get a CMP test please use our location finder to find a location in a neighboring state that isn’t too far away.
Should I fast prior to a CMP?
Fasting is required for 10-12 hours prior to testing to obtain accurate readings for the important tests.
When can I expect my results?
After visiting the lab, your results will have a turnaround time of 2-3 business days in most cases. If you haven’t received them in a timely manner please call us and we will reach out to the lab to verify when the results will be posted to your secure patient portal.