This test is used for measurement of lipoprotein (a) is now recommended in several patient subgroups for whom excess lipoprotein (a) may have important clinical consequences:
(1) patients with premature atherosclerosis,
(2) patients with a strong family history of premature coronary heart disease (CHD),
(3) patients with elevated LDLC and greater than or equal to two risk factors,
(4) patients who have had coronary angioplasty in whom lipoprotein (a) excess may increase the risk of restenosis,
(5) patients who have undergone coronary bypass graft surgery in whom Lp(a) excess may be associated with graft stenosis.
Strong family history of dyslipidemia, heart disease, cardiac risk-evaluation.
Fasting for 12 hours is a must. Alcohol must be avoided for 24 hours prior to test.
Lipoprotein (a) – TC – 34604
Quantitation of Lp(a)
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
2-10 Business Days
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at Personalabs and we will contact the lab on your behalf as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.
We make it super easy to order your own blood work online. Watch a short video and see how it works.
The C-Reactive Protein test is used to determine the level of C-reactive protein, which is used as an indicator for a wide range of disorders like inflammatory disease, autoimmune disorders.
One simple blood test measures the carnitine levels in your blood. Purchase this carnitine blood test online and get tested the same day at a local lab near you.
At risk of heart disease? Order the comprehensive lipid screening online through Personalabs and evaluate the risk of heart attacks and strokes.