Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is necessary for growth, repair and development of tissues, skin, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels and also healing. Natural sources of Vitamin C are:
- Citrus fruits and juices, such as orange and grapefruit
- Kiwi fruit
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries
- Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower
- Green and red peppers
- Spinach, cabbage, turnip greens, and other leafy greens
- Sweet and white potatoes
- Tomatoes and tomato juice
- Winter squash
Evaluation of Vitamin C for individuals that are prone to the following; scurvy, malabsorption, alcoholism, pregnancy, hyperthyroidism, and renal failure.
Overnight fasting is preferred. Refrain from taking vitamin C supplements or fruits 24 hours prior to sample collection.
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
2-10 Business Days
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at Personalabs and we will contact the lab on your behalf as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.