Monitor patients for prior and ongoing exposure to aluminium.
Patients at risk include:
- Infants on parenteral fluids, particularly parenteral nutrition
- Burn patients through administration of intravenous albumin, particularly with coexisting renal failure
- Adult and pediatric patients with chronic renal failure who accumulate aluminum readily from medications and dialyse
- Adult parenteral nutrition patients (less so, recently)
- Patients with industrial exposure
- Monitor dialysate and water to prepare dialysate to prevent aluminum toxicity in dialysis patients.
Industrial exposure to aluminium, patients of chronic kidney disesases/renal failure, patients of parenteral nutrition.
No special preparation is necessary prior to blood sample collection.
Aluminum, Plasma or Serum – TC – 2958
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
2-10 Business Days
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at Personalabs and we will contact the lab on your behalf as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.