Also Known As
Amenorrhea Panel Blood Test
Purpose of the Amenorrhea Blood Test
You have amenorrhea if you are unable to menstruate, typically for at least three consecutive cycles. Sometimes this is a natural result of pregnancy or menopause. But other times, amenorrhea is a signal of another health issue, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome, which can, in turn, affect your fertility. Amenorrhea labs can help you determine what the problem is so you can take care of your reproductive health.
Luteinizing Hormone (LH) (615)
What Does the Amenorrhea Profile Test Measure?
The amenorrhea test measures the serum level of three hormones: luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and prolactin. LH and FSH are produced by the pituitary gland and are essential in the regulation of the menstrual cycle and stimulation of egg production in the ovaries. Prolactin is manufactured by the pituitary as well as other parts of the body, including the mammary glands and uterus, to promote breast milk production and lactation.
Who Should Take an Amenorrhea Test?
Women may need an amenorrhea profile test if their period has stopped and hasn’t returned. Other related symptoms may include headaches, hair loss, or impaired vision. Testing may also be advised for women with a family history of this condition.
Amenorrhea Labs Preparation
You typically don’t need to take any special precautions prior to giving your blood sample. Talk with the lab if you are on medication to ensure it won’t influence your test results.
Amenorrhea Blood Test Results
The normal test results for each marker in the amenorrhea panel blood test include:
- LH: 5 to 25 IU/L (premenopausal women); 14.2 to 52.3 IU/L (postmenopausal women)
- FSH: 4.7 to 21.5 mIU/mL (menstruating women); 25.8 to 134.8 mIU/mL (postmenopausal women)
- Prolactin: Less than 25 ng/mL (women who aren’t pregnant); 80 to 400 ng/mL (pregnant women)
Where Can I Get a Test for Amenorrhea Near Me?
Personalabs makes hormone testing for women accessible and convenient, so you can get the answers you need and deserve when it comes to your health. How easy is it? Just follow these easy steps:
- Visit our hormone testing section, buy the test for amenorrhea, and download the accompanying lab order. (You may not need a doctor’s approval to get your test, depending on the state where you live.)
- Select the lab closest to you and schedule your blood draw. You can choose from more than 4,000 Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp partner labs across the country.
- Take your test order to the lab and give your blood sample.
- Find your results in your secure and confidential Personalabs account, typically within 2 to 10 business days. If you need guidance on your options post-testing, schedule a telehealth visit with a Personalabs doctor.
Explore our diverse selection of men’s and women’s health tests. You’ll find the ones you need to make informed healthcare decisions and take positive, proactive steps toward maintaining a vibrant state of well-being. Shop our tests online today.