This test is used for measurement of lipoprotein (a) is now recommended in several patient subgroups for whom excess lipoprotein (a) may have important clinical consequences:
(1) patients with premature atherosclerosis,
(2) patients with a strong family history of premature coronary heart disease (CHD),
(3) patients with elevated LDLC and greater than or equal to two risk factors,
(4) patients who have had coronary angioplasty in whom lipoprotein (a) excess may increase the risk of restenosis,
(5) patients who have undergone coronary bypass graft surgery in whom Lp(a) excess may be associated with graft stenosis.
Strong family history of dyslipidemia, heart disease, cardiac risk-evaluation.
Fasting for 12 hours is a must. Alcohol must be avoided for 24 hours prior to test.
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
2-10 Business Days
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at Personalabs and we will contact the lab on your behalf as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.