Also Known As:
Health Profile Test, Wellness Blood Test
Purpose of a Wellness Panel Blood Test
The wellness checkup blood test assesses organ function, detects infection, and evaluates your risk for chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, liver disease, and more. It is a tool for comprehensive health evaluation designed for both men and women.
What Does the Wellness Blood Test Measure?
A wellness blood test panel measures different biomarkers to assess general health. It covers various individual blood tests that provide vital information about underlying diseases or your risk of developing any of them. Here are tests you can expect when getting the wellness checkup.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): A CBC evaluates different blood components to detect infection and various disorders. This is why it’s always included in routine medical exams.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP 14): The CMP provides insights into your kidney and liver health by measuring 14 different substances related to metabolism.
- Hemoglobin A1c Blood Test: An A1c test evaluates your blood sugar levels in the last three months and helps diagnose diabetes and pre-diabetes.
- Lipid Panel with LDL/HDL Ratio: The lipid panel screens the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in your blood. It’s an important test assessing your risk for coronary artery disease, hypertension, and other cardiovascular disorders.
- Thyroid-stimulating Hormones (TSH) Test: A TSH test helps evaluate thyroid health and detect related disorders. Abnormalities in TSH levels reveal issues with thyroid functions.
- Urinalysis: This test detects infections and diseases ranging from kidney disease to diabetes.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP 14) (10231)
Hemoglobin A1c with Estimated Average Glucose (16802)
Lipid Panel with LDL/HDL Ratio (19543)
Urinalysis, Complete (5463)
Who Should Take a Wellness Profile Blood Test?
Take the wellness blood test as part of your routine medical checkup. Whatever health status you have, having a health profile allows for accurate assessment of your risks to certain medical conditions, diagnosis of underlying diseases, and generation of data for essential lifestyle changes.
Wellness Blood Work Preparation
You need to fast for 10 to12 hours before testing to get accurate results. No food or drink, except water, within this timeframe.
Wellness Checkup Blood Test Results
Interpreting your test results is as simple as matching the values for each test in the normal range. Blood tests have reference intervals that determine whether the parameter is within healthy levels. Alternatively, urinalysis follows the same setup for specific substances. Others are marked positive or negative based on their presence in the urine sample.
Where Can I Get a Wellness Checkup Near Me?
Take the wellness blood test in four simple steps.
Step 1: Check out our website’s general health panels and wellness tests section, order the wellness checkup blood test and download the lab test order. This becomes your doctor’s order for your lab work.
Step 2: Choose a partner medical center using our lab locator.
Step 3: Visit the laboratory you chose to have your blood collected.
Step 4: Expect the lab test results within 2-10 business days in your Personalabs account.
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at 1-888-438-5227. We will contact the lab of your choice (Quest Diagnostics or LabCorp) as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.